By logging on to choozstaff.com, users accept the following General Terms and Conditions (hereinafter the "GTCs") for using choozstaff.com The user enters into this agreement to use of choozstaff.com services with CHOOZ-FZCO.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF MEMBERSHIP
The index of the points included in this document is the following: (linked to each section)
- Basic Definitions
- Who are we?
- The role of Chooz
- What do you need to be part of Chooz?
- Identity verification
- Developing your membership in Chooz
- What we expect from you
- Framework for Fairness
- Grievance procedure
- Cancellation of your account
- How we take care of your data
- Do you have any questions?
- Platform: Chooz and everything contained in https://www.choozstaff.com.
- Staff: all those people that have been registered in the Platform and meet the necessary requirements to be part of it.
- Event organiser: third party that organises the event in which the Staff will provide the service.
- Users: all users of the Platform, both Staff and Event organisers.
- Event(s): those events in which you are offered the possibility of providing your services as Staff for events.
- Staffing Provider or Staffing Provider: third through which you must perform directly the management of the service you provide.
2. Who are we?
Chooz is a technology platform that provides you with a professional market space related to events, where staff can publish their professional profiles, and event organisers can find and book the staff directly with the candidates.
Our Platform is not only characterised by connecting Staff to the Event organisers, but also by giving Staff total control of their profiles as well as the management of the delivery of their services.
We work in partnership with a Staffing Provider to hire all our staff, this enables us to be a fully legal and compliant solution covering tax, national insurance and liability insurance. Chooz is the Platform or Market Place that allows Staff to be booked by Event Organisers.
3. The role of Chooz
The Site is a marketplace where Event organisers and Staff can identify each other and advertise, buy, and sell Services online. Subject to the Terms of Service, Chooz provides the Site Services to Users, including hosting and maintaining the Site, enabling the formation of Service Contracts.
You expressly acknowledge, agree, and understand that:
- the Site is merely a venue where Users may act as Event organisers and/or Staff;
- Chooz is not a party to any Service Contracts between Event organisers and Staff;
- Staff are not an employee of Chooz, and Chooz does not, in any way, supervise, direct, or control the Staff or Staff Services;
- Chooz will not have any liability or obligations under or related to Service Contracts for any acts or omissions by you or other Users;
- Chooz has no control over Staff or the Staff Services offered or rendered by Staff; and
- Chooz makes no representations as to the reliability, capability, or qualifications of any Staff or the quality, security, or legality of any Staff Services, and Chooz disclaims any and all liability relating thereto.
3.1 Relationship with Chooz
Chooz is not a party to the dealings between Event organiser and Staff, including posts, proposals, screening, selection, and performance of Staff Services. Chooz does not introduce Staff to Event organisers or help Staff find jobs. Chooz merely makes the Site Services available to enable Staff to identify and determine the suitability of Event organisers for themselves and to enable Event organisers to identify and determine the suitability of Staff for themselves. Chooz does not, in any way, supervise, direct, or control Staff or Staff’s work. Chooz does not set Staff’s work hours, work schedules, or location of work. Chooz will not provide Staff with training or any equipment, labor, or materials needed for a particular Service Contract. Chooz does not provide the premises at which the Staff will perform the work. Chooz makes no representations about, and does not guarantee the quality, safety of the Staff Services; the truth or accuracy of Staff’s listings on the Site; the qualifications, background, or identities of Users; the ability of Staff to deliver the Staff Services; the ability of Event organiser or Staff can or will actually complete a transaction.
Chooz is not required to and may not verify any feedback or information given to us by Staff or Event organisers.
You hereby acknowledge and agree that Chooz may provide information on the Site about a Staff or Event organiser, such as feedback, composite feedback, including geographical location, or verification of identity or credentials. However, such information is based solely on data that Staff or Event organisers voluntarily submit to Chooz and does not constitute and will not be construed as an introduction, endorsement, or recommendation by Chooz; Chooz provides such information solely for the convenience of Users.
4. What do you need to be part of Chooz
4.1 As Staff:
Our Platform is intended for those Users who ideally have training and / or experience as Staff for events or are able to perform this type of service provision. It is also a requirement to be able to register to be over 18 years old, so if you are not of legal age you will not be able to register in Chooz.
As mentioned above, our Platform is a mere technological intermediary that allows you to have the perfect showcase for your professional Staff profile. We want you to keep control at all times, not only of your profile but also of the management of your services whilst keeping things simple and automated.
Therefore, the provision of your service in accordance with what you agree with the Event organiser must be carried out through a third party, specifically through Staffing Provider. In the future said third party may be another entity and to continue to provide services through the Platform it will be required to provide your service through the third party since Chooz is only a showcase for your profile.
We detail below the steps and the information that you must provide us with to register in the Platform:
- To register with Chooz you must give us the minimum information:
- Name, surname, email, city, password with at least six characters.
- Accept the present Terms and Conditions.
- We will send you a confirmation email of your registration to the email address you provided, and you must click on the confirmation link that is included in the email.
- Once your account is activated, before your profile is published in our Platform, you will have to provide us with some additional information. If you do not provide us with the basic information, we will not be able to publish your profile on the Platform so that it is visible to the Event organisers. The reason being is we need some basic data to guarantee the Event organisers have the necessary information to decide which profile is best suited to their Event.
The mandatory data, in addition to those provided at the time of registration, in order to publish your profile are:
- Mobile phone number
- Date of birth
- At least one profile picture
- Location (city or town where you are based)
- Within the UK, availability to work in other locations with respect to your home based on certain distance sections
- Time zone in which you want to be available (7AM to 22PM / 22PM to 7AM)
- Price per hour
The optional data, although we recommend that your profile is as complete as possible, are:
- Level of studies
- Description of yourself
- Account number and sort code
- Passport or ID number
- National Insurance number
- Additional profile photos up to a maximum of 10. If you want to see our tutorial on the photos and videos that we recommend including, click here
- Type (s) of Event (s) in which you want to take part
- A video of yourself (via YouTube link)
- Availability: As staff, the Platform allows you to indicate via a calendar the dates on which you are available to work. This way, the results offered in the Platform regarding the available profiles will be much more precise, not making you or the Event organiser waste any time or you with Events that are not suitable to your availability.
- Booking requests: In your profile you will be able to see the reservations requests made by the Event organisers in relation to your profile so that you can participate in an Event. From your profile you can manage these requests by accepting or rejecting them depending on whether you are interested in being part of the Event or not.
4.2 As an Event organiser:
In order to make a booking it is a requirement to be registered and be over 18 years old.
By registering for an account, you must complete a User profile (“Profile”) and agree to provide true, accurate, and complete information on your Profile and all registration and other forms you access on the Site or provide to us and to update your information to maintain its truthfulness, accuracy, and completeness.
5. Identity verification
When you register for an account and from time to time thereafter, your account will be subject to verification, including, but not limited to, validation against third-party databases or the verification of one or more official government or legal documents that confirm your identity and your ability to represent your business. You authorize Chooz, directly or through third parties, to make any inquiries necessary to validate your identity and confirm your ownership of your email address or financial accounts, subject to applicable law. When requested, you must provide us with information about you and your business.
6. Developing your membership in Chooz
6.1 As Staff
If you do not complete all the data that we indicate as mandatory, your profile will not be published, so the Event organisers will not be able to find you and there will be no interaction with you through the Platform beyond the communications that we can send you for day-to-day management of your profile in Chooz.
If you complete the mandatory data, your profile will be visible to the Event organisers in the Platform and from there the possible interactions will be as follows:
- Once you are visible, the appearance of your profile on the Event organisers’ search results will depend on whether the profile parameters searched for an Event match the parameters you have included for yourself in your profile. In case they coincide and the Event organiser contacts you to see if you are interested in providing your services for the Event, you will receive a notification of your request via email and SMS.
- Once you receive the notification, you will have 24 hours to accept or decline the offer. In your user panel, in the "Booking requests" section, you will be able to see the reservations pending confirmation and those already confirmed, as well as all your previous works already performed. Please accept or decline all the bookings, so that the Event organisers can manage their events properly.
- If you accept a booking, we will display in the day and the time slot corresponding to the Event of the Booking that you have accepted in the section of your profile.
- Remember in order to provide your services, it will be Sapphire, the Staffing Provider who will manage your employment and will guarantee that all the administrative steps necessary to provide your service will have been carried out. SAPPHIRE ACCOUNTING LIMITED, with company registration number 8612257, has its registered office at Suite 1, First Floor, Deanway, Wilmslow Road, Handforth, United Kingdom, SK9 3HW
- Likewise, it will be Staffing Provider who will make the corresponding payment for the provision of your services. To know more about the Staffing Provider and the terms, you can read all the details clicking here. Chooz does not carry out any kind of management regarding your service delivery beyond offering you a technological platform aimed to connect Event organisers with Staff like you.
- If you decline a booking, we will not contact you and the decline will be logged in your "Bookings" history. Remember that the Platform takes into account your history in the Platform in a positive or negative way regarding your positioning in the results of Staff in accordance with the requirements entered by the Event organiser. We give you more details regarding this point in the section "What we expect of you". It is important that you are honest and fair when registering and updating your profile features as well as your availability, so that you minimise booking requests that are not in accordance with your profile and therefore reduce the percentage of rejections.
- If you fail to accept or decline your bookings during the 24-hour allowance, the booking will expire, and it will negatively impact your profile.
- Event Cancellations: they can occur for different reasons, continue reading to see what happens in each case.
- If you cancel because you become ill: as soon as you know that you will not be able to perform the service, contact the Event organiser so that they can find a replacement as soon as possible. You should also notify Chooz about the cancellation through your profile. It will be necessary for you to provide a report that justifies your inability to work. You can provide this to Chooz at email@example.com, or to the Staffing Provider.
- If you cancel without any valid reason: please note that once you have confirmed a Booking, the Organiser counts on you as a fundamental element for their event. Therefore, the general rule is that unless there is a force majeure, you should not cancel those Bookings that you have already confirmed. If there is no valid reason for your cancellation, you will be penalised in your positioning in the Platform and you can even be removed from the Platform in case you repeatedly cancel your Bookings without reason.
- If the Event organiser cancels: Like we ask you to be committed, we also expect the same from Event organisers, that’s why we also apply penalties to those who do not keep their commitments. Therefore, we will notify you when a Event organiser cancels your booking and we will automatically unblock in your profile the dates that were blocked for that Event.
6.2 As an Event organiser
Once you’re registered the possible interactions will be as follows:
- The appearance of Staff profiles on your search results will depend on whether the profile parameters searched match the parameters the Staff have included for in their profiles. As Event organiser you can submit a booking request to the profile that matches your requirements.
- The Staff will be notified about the booking request and they will have 24 hours to accept or decline the offer. In your user panel, in the "Reservations" section, you will be able to see the reservations pending confirmation and those already confirmed, as well as all your previous history. In order to make the booking request, you will be asked to enter your payment details, but you won’t be charged yet.
- If Staff accept the booking, we will notify you via email and sms and you will be charged the total amount.
- Remember in order to provide their services, it will be Sapphire, the Staffing Provider who will manage the Staff’s employment and will guarantee that all the administrative steps necessary to provide their service will have been carried out. SAPPHIRE ACCOUNTING LIMITED, with company registration number 8612257, has its registered office at Suite 1, First Floor, Deanway, Wilmslow Road, Handforth, United Kingdom, SK9 3HW
- Likewise, it will be Staffing Provider who will make the corresponding payment for the provision of the services. To know more about the Staffing Provider and the terms, you can read all the details clicking here. Chooz does not carry out any kind of management regarding the service delivery beyond offering a technological platform aimed to connect Event organisers with Staff.
- If the booking is declined, we will notify you and you won’t be charged.
- Event Cancellations: they can occur for different reasons, continue reading to see what happens in each case.
- Staff may cancel because they’ve fallen ill or due to a force majeure. In that case you will be refunded the total amount, and the Staff will be penalised.
- If you cancel a booking: Like we ask the Staff to be committed, we also expect the same from you, that’s why we also apply penalties to those who do not keep their commitments. See the table below to see what penalties apply in that case:
Days prior to the event Total refund >60 days 75% 60 - 30 days 60% 29 – 16 days 40% 15 – 8 days 20% <8 days 0%
7. What we expect from you
Overall accuracy, honesty and commitment: The interest for both Staff and the Event organisers to be part of Chooz is based essentially on the reliability of our Platform with respect to its Users. It is essential that you guarantee the veracity of the integrity of the data you provide. In case we detect inaccuracies or false data we might remove your profile from the Platform and demand the responsibilities that could legally correspond.
As a registered member of the Chooz Platform you acknowledge and agree that a substantial portion of the compensation Chooz receives for making the Platform available to you is collected through our Service Fee. Chooz only receives this Service Fee when Chooz receives a payment through the The platform. Should a Staff you have previously engaged with via the Chooz platform approach you directly you must use the platform as your exclusive method to request, book and make all payments.
Should a Staff be hired directly on a permanent basis following a live or completed booking then the Event Organizer must pay a Permanent Recruitment Fee of 20% annual salary. This fee is payable to Chooz due to the staff no longer being made available on the Chooz platform and as such incurring a loss of revenue. The Event Organiser must inform immediately Chooz via the firstname.lastname@example.org email as soon as an approach is made. Failure will result in an invoice being sent for no less than 30% annual salary following the start date of the Staff. Any invoice shall be sent by Chooz upon confirmation of an employment contract between the staff member and the new employer and be payable within 14 days.
An interest at the rate of 18% per annum or the maximum rate permitted by applicable law, whichever is less is payable following non payment after 14 days of receipt of invoice depending on how many days overdue.
By way of illustration and not in limitation of the foregoing, you must not as an Event Organiser or Staff: Submit proposals or solicit parties identified through the Chooz Platform to contact, hire, work with, or pay or receive pay outside the Site.
- Accept proposals or solicit parties identified through the Chooz Platform to contact, deliver services, invoice, or receive payment outside the Site.
- You agree to notify Chooz immediately if another person improperly contacts you or suggests making or receiving payments outside of the Site. If you are aware of a breach or potential breach of this agreement, please submit a confidential report to Chooz by sending an email message to email@example.com
8. Framework for Fairness
Chooz recognises the right of all Staff and Platform members to be treated with dignity and respect, and is committed to ensuring a safe working environment which is free from all forms of bullying, aggravation or sexual harassment. Workplace bullying and harassment, are unacceptable, and adversely affect the quality of work carried out by individuals by undermining morale, and can result in absenteeism, stress-related illnesses and higher turnover of staff. Chooz understands that bullying and harassment can have a devastating effect on the health, confidence, morale and performance of those subjected to it. Bullying and harassment may also have a damaging impact on people not directly subjected to inappropriate behaviour but who witness it or have knowledge of it. We are deeply committed to the fact that a good environment is essential for the proper development of relationships between the Staff members and Event Organizers, so we guarantee that:
- Chooz will never knowingly put Staff members in a position that makes them feel afraid, uncomfortable, or vulnerable.
- Any Staff member directly affected by harassment or bullying should raise the issue immediately by following our Grievance Procedure, as described in the next section. All issues of this nature will be treated in anonymity and confidence, as far as possible to maintain a good environment.
- Any complaints received from any party will be investigated immediately, always trying to get the fairest possible resolution as a result.
- When Staff members are engaged by Event Organisers, both parties will sign an undertaking that they will behave in a professional and respectful manner. If either party feels the other has deviated from this, the Grievance Procedure ensures a full and fair investigation.
- If any person is found to be harassing or bullying others, he/she will be expelled from the Platform, among any other measure that Chooz may consider appropriate.
9. Grievance Procedure
We are committed to ensuring the highest level of integrity, dignity and honesty in the relationships established within and through our Platform, and we expect Staff members and Event Organizers to maintain high standards of professionalism. However, every company faces the risk of something going wrong from time to time, so a culture of accountability is essential to prevent such situations, or to face them when they take place. This procedure is intended to help resolve these problems quickly and efficiently. This procedure will ensure the rights of both Staff members and Event Organizers.
- Preliminary report.- If any Staff member has a grievance about his/her position, he or she should discuss it informally with Chooz’s Staff Manager, who will take any possible measures considered appropriate to solve the issue. We hope that most of concerns will be solved this way.
- Statement of grievance.– If the Staff member feels the issue could not be solved through informal discussion, he or she should put the grievance in writing to the Staff Manager.
- Grievance Meeting.- Within 2 working days the STAFF MANAGER will respond, in writing, to the statement, inviting the Staff member to attend a meeting (either physically or virtual) where the alleged grievance can be discussed. This meeting should be scheduled to take place as soon as possible, and normally 5 working days’ notice of this meeting will be provided to the Staff member, and he or she will be informed of his/her right to be accompanied.
Staff must take all reasonable steps to attend the meeting, but if for any unforeseen reason she/he can’t attend, the meeting must be rearranged. Should a Staff member’s companion be unable to attend the meeting, the Staff member must make contact within 2 days of the date of the letter to arrange an alternative date that falls within 5 days of the original date provided. These time limits may be extended by mutual agreement.
After the meeting, the Staff Manager must inform the Staff member of any decision or action that may be taken, and offer the right of appeal. This letter should be sent within 5 working days of the grievance meeting, and must include the details on how to appeal.
- Appeal procedure.- If the matter is not resolved to the Staff member’s satisfaction, he or she must set out their grounds of appeal in writing within 5 working days of receipt of the decision letter.
Within two working days of sending the appeal letter, the Staff member should receive a written invitation to attend an appeal meeting. The appeal meeting must be held by the Staff Manager. After the appeal meeting, the Staff Manager must inform the Staff member in writing of their decision within 5 working days of the meeting. Their decision is final.
10. Cancellation of your account
You can request to unsubscribe from the Platform at any time without having to provide any reason, you just need to send us an email with the subject "deactivate my account" to the address firstname.lastname@example.org and we will cancel it in the shortest possible time. Please note that in the event that you request to unsubscribe from the Platform having an Event still pending to carry out, we will not be able to deactivate your account until the service provision has been performed. Although it is not obligatory, we would appreciate you indicate the reason for which you request the discharge, in this way you will help us improve the Platform.
11. How we take care of your data
In order to manage your membership in our Platform, we inform you that your data will be included in a personal data file.
The purpose of the file is to manage your registration in Chooz, to manage the relationship with you as a user of our Platform and to send you our newsletter with Chooz news. You can exercise your rights of access, rectification, cancellation and opposition at email@example.com. You will have to tell us what action you want to take in relation to your data and provide us with a photocopy of your ID so that we can take care of your request.
12. Do you have any questions?
We have finished, remember that before accepting this text without having everything clear, we prefer that you contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org so that we can answer your questions.